Computer Fair -- Call for Volunteers

Lorraine Pozzi femme2 at scn.org
Fri Sep 4 14:31:57 PDT 1998

SCN will be participating in the Community Computer Fair on
Sept. 11-12 at Seattle Vocational Institute (2120 So. Jackson St.).
This fair is presented by the City's Technology Committee,
CAMP, SVI, Seattle Public Library, and others.

Our part will be something like the University Computer Fair -- we'll
be offering free e-mail, talking with folks who want to know
more about us, donating some equipment...  we plan to do this on
Saturday only.  Friday is after-school hands-on Pacific Science
technology experience and an evening panel discussion.  But
Saturday will have numerous workshops, exhibits, food, prizes,
games...

Fair planners expect between 1,000 to 2,000 people, many of them
middle and high-school youth.

We have quite a few volunteers lined up for our part of the
fair, but there is still a need for some of the other fair
needs -- registration desk, security, exhibit set-up and
tear-down, etc.  If you want to do only computer-related
stuff, you could free up someone else who is willing to
do whatever happens to be needed.  And of course if you are
available Friday only, you will be appreciated by the
fair organizers.

This is an excellent opportunity for Seattle Community Network
Association to demonstrate that we are indeed a "community"
based organization.

Please contact Lillie Brinker directly before Tuesday and
let her know if you are available.

Her phone # is 206-760-1789.

Thanks.

Lorraine Pozzi