Please make a help page (Was: Re: Parents/Grandparents Class...)

Rod Clark bb615 at scn.org
Tue Sep 8 09:05:24 PDT 1998

Randy Groves wrote:
> ... It would be a great service to the students if we covered
> the different types of e-mail available and discussed the
> positives and negatives of each.

Randy,

   It would be a service to all the users if you'd put it on a
help page. There's no e-mail help section on the Web site's Help
menu, and much of the material on the Freeport help menu that
you see when you pick 2. on the main Freeport menu is an
embarrassment to SCN. There's no link there to to any
information about Pine or POP mail, or to the help files on the
Web site.

   The former Freeport help menu could be integrated with the
current Help menu (in HTML, not Freeport coding), so that all of
the help files are reachable from one Help menu.

   As a start, you could copy this excellent introduction to SCN
e-mail onto a page in /web.root/help, surrounded by the usual
header and footer navigation stuff. The e-mail training people
then might be able to follow up by publishing their printed
materials or class notes as Web pages, or even as plain text
files, so that everyone can benefit from them.

Rod Clark