Difficult e-mail vs. difficult volunteers

Al Boss alboss at scn.org
Wed Sep 16 11:45:38 PDT 1998

E-mail programs are compilations of binary code.  Some are easier to
figure out than others, and many types have more appeal to people with
certain personalities than do others.

E-mail programs are neither friendly nor unfriendly--but people are.
Some are downright rude.  I don't think we have so many volunteers to
spare that we can afford to demean and insult one another in this public
forum.  May I suggest we deny ourselves that pleasure until our work is
done?  Despite our differences, we're here because we share some of the
same beliefs and goals.  We've not yet run out of common ground.