difficult e-mail?

John Johnson jj at scn.org
Wed Sep 16 23:29:28 PDT 1998

Rich:  Is that all you can add to the discussion?

Is it hostility that I have asked you a simple question?  Is it hostility
that I point out that you haven't answered it?  That possibly you don't
even have one answer, let alone "2 or 3"?

Or are you afraid because you don't have an answer?  Why?  If you can
inform all of us of something better than Pine, you will have our
gratitude.  If others don't agree with your answer, so what?  I and others
have already pointed out tastes vary, and _any_ front-end (even vi!) is
right for some people.  That's not an issue.

If you don't have an answer, well, I suppose there is a remote possibility
that you could be chained in a cubicle and forced to write a totally
simple e-mail program--in Lisp.  (So be strong and take your chances.)

Or could just stop complaining about difficult e-mail is.  And perhaps
apply your energies to a more useful issue.