Pine controversy

Joe Mabel jmabel at saltmine.com
Tue Sep 29 08:39:17 PDT 1998

IMHO, if the library settles on one recommended way to get email, we
support it.  If they don't, we pick one Windows-based way that is on their
machines and we support it.

As for other services, which are we concerned with?  Increasingly, SCN is a
website, and can be accessed just fine from anywhere.  If they are ftp'ing,
the Windows approach to ftp is pretty decent.  We probably should be
teaching how to telnet to SCN for those who care.

Do many of our users use SCN for anything other than email and Web access?
If so, do we have any idea what?