ProComm

Malcolm Taran rockybay at scn.org
Fri Aug 20 14:09:48 PDT 1999

(1) --> Does anyone use ProComm+ for Windows?

    Does anyone use newer than ProComm+ 3.x?  Still using 2 or 3?
    Would a mouse-capable automatic shell of the most-used tasks
    for SCN and Quest SPL, SPL to KCLS be very desirable?

(2) Does anyone know how to get ProComm to release control of the
    COM port without hanging up, without resetting the Carrier
    Detect to Low?

A ProComm directory and script could log on, launch IComHost, and
then I-Comm browser could take over.

ProComm Setup--Connection setup--boxes[2]:  checkbox NO drop DTR
_should_ allow ProComm to quit so I-Comm may take over.  However,
ProComm seems to require complete hangup before closing.

Even if you just answer (1), please let me know.
Thank you
Malcolm Taran