Diversity in High Tech: Organizing to Increase Access After I-200

Lorraine Pozzi femme2 at scn.org
Fri Feb 26 20:51:50 PST 1999

On Fri, 26 Feb 1999, Doug Schuler wrote:

Thanks for the FYI, Doug.  I didn't realize that I would be billed
as an "SCN activist."  Actually, they omitted my name from the
flyer entirely.

My understandinng is that there has been a lot of outreach to
many groups, and there will be many more issues than WashTech's
organizing efforts up for discussion.  It occurred to me that
this would be a great opportunity for SCN to provide some
high-tech tools to help folks stay connected and informed
about the various groups' efforts.

WashTech's staff cannot take this on.

Now that everybody and his dog offers free e-mail and free
web space, it might be a good idea to look more at the
"community" part of the original mission statement.

Any volunteers?

Lorraine
femme2 at scn.org