NWR: PROTECT your ISP CHOICE (fwd)

Rich Littleton be718 at scn.org
Wed Jan 13 14:50:28 PST 1999

Please forward this meeting information re: ATT & cable franchise.

There will be a public hearing on renewing (or not) the franchise for AT&T
(they bought TCI) to do cable coverage in Seattle.

One option is for Seattle to set up its own cable system, as Tacoma did.

Another option is to make AT&T guarantee (with major penalties for
non-compliance) performance including public access to internet
capabilities in the new system.

Hearings:  	(1) Jan. 26, 1999, city council, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
		(2) Febr. 4, 1999, city council, 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Help overpower the lobbyists clout.

*****  Unless stated otherwise, this message may be forwarded.  ******