But we are talking about a volunteer program here...

Lorraine Pozzi femme2 at scn.org
Wed Jul 21 18:35:07 PDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Gianni Truzzi wrote:

> Lorraine,
>
> Your work on registration was, and continues to be, greatly appreciated. I
> want to make *sure* that you know that your efforts on our behalf are
> honored.

I'd like to clarify what I thought was a clarification.  I am * NOT *
holding myself up as the volunteer par excellence.  Many people have
done more for less thanks than I have.  What I am saying is (horrors)
that I agree with Rich.

> In fact, you showed us what it takes to have an effective registration
> program. It was clear that it took a regular, concentrated effort by a
> reliable person.....

And there is * ONE * among the 10,000 or so users of the system?  I do
think this maligns the many excellent volunteers -- and many more
potential volunteers -- who are frustrated by the way the organization
is run.  And that is the responsibility of the board.  I've watched
many, many good people leave.  Some with lots of fanfare, like Barb.
Some who just quietly disappear.  And the fundamental problems of
poor communication between board and members continue to be swept
under the rug, IMHO.

Lorraine