IP menu

Joe Mabel jmabel at saltmine.com
Tue Jun 1 08:32:58 PDT 1999

I haven't done Unix in about a decade, but for someone who is up to speed
the programming part of this is trivial ( < 10 mins per command).  However,
making up the command names is not trivial.  Remember that they cannot be
identical to normal Unix commands: e.g. you'd want, say, "makedir" or
"MKDIR" instead of "mkdir".  Otherwise, you hide the normal mkdir.

If you want to create associated help of any sort, that could end up being
an equally large task.

I would suggest that things like this are useful exactly where the Unix
command is cryptic: e.g. "copy" for cp, "move" for mv, "dir" for ls, etc.