The news

Steve steve at advocate.net
Wed Mar 17 10:17:49 PST 1999

x-no-archive: yes

(I know, I know, not directly related to SCN activities...)

(TheOnionNews)---A study released Monday by Princeton University
found that 20 percent of all Americans are currently waiting for the
next available representative.  "At this moment, some 50 million of
us are on hold," study head William Voss told reporters while waiting
to talk to a Con Edison operator about an error in his February gas
bill.  "I myself have been on hold for 13 minutes now."  Voss assured
Americans that their calls would be answered in the order they were
received.