Initial thoughts on the SCNA Committee Restructure

Mentor Coordinator xx030 at scn.org
Sat Mar 20 04:08:26 PST 1999

[Apologizes to everyone who receives multiple copies of this message - we
are putting together a list of currently active volunteers, and will send
messages like this only to that list in the near future.  If you believe
you are an SCN/A volunteer, make sure we know!  If you have not already
responded to the initial request we sent out , do contact
volunteering at scn.org (xx031 at scn.org) to be added to the list.  Otherwise,
we will not have you listed and the important work you are doing will be
unrecognized.  We want you to be a part of the official volunteer force of
SCN/A - if you want to be.]

The main purpose of this message:
RESTRUCTURING PLAN FOR SCN/A COMMITTEES

Starting in April, the committees of SCN/A will be based on the activities
they are focused on, with each group having its own representative at
Excomm.

The largest impact of this change will be the breakup of the Services
committee into its separate sub-committees.  We are hoping to work with
existing sub-committee members to arrange initial meetings in April.

Details about the planned changes are posted at
http://www.scn.org/scna/new-structure/proposal.html

We would welcome your feedback!  Please send comments to xx030 at scn.org
where they will be collected and sent (uneditted) to the current Excomm
and Board members.

Thanks,
  Steve and Mel
  on behalf of ALL of the SCNA Board and current Excomm

  Melissa & Steve Guest                     Seattle Community Network
425 882 8684 - 8am to 11pm                      http://www.scn.org

   "Supporting People and Communities with Free Internet Services"