If you haven't heard enough about Y2K...

Karyn Quinlan karyn at accessone.com
Mon Mar 29 20:04:03 PST 1999

The public has indicated a strong interest in CPSR's perspectives on
y2k.

Personally, my interest in all things y2k is flagging. I'd like to
see CPSR better articulate a coherent voice on the largely ignored, but
ultimately far more important, techno-social-political issues of our times.
Perhaps we will yet. It seems that we are on the brink of bigger things.

That said, *if* I am going to read more about y2k (and I suppose I will). I
look forward to reading about it from the minds of Peter Neumann, Terry
Winograd, Gary Chapman and other CPSR notables, past and present (and
seminal sci-fi writer, Arthur C. Clarke, The Sentinel [2001: A Space
Odyssey] and the inventor of the synchronous satellite, no less!).

Link to CPSR's first online issue at:
http://www.cpsr.org/publications/newsletters/issues/1999/Winter1999/

Karyn
CPSR/Seattle