[Open Studio] Independent Electronic Media and the Yugoslavia Crisis (fwd)

Barb Weismann bb140 at scn.org
Wed Mar 31 12:38:42 PST 1999

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 1999 12:16:58 -0800
From: Wayne Ashley <washley at wolfenet.com>
To: OS Phase 2:  ;, OS Phase 1:  ;
Subject: [Open Studio] Independent Electronic Media and the Yugoslavia Crisis

Dear Open Studio Participants:

As we all continue to seek ways of deploying the Internet for our own
artistic and cultural endeavors,
there are volatile situations all over the world where the Internet
represents the last possibility for ongoing communication outside the
constraints and agendas of official political institutions and
intervention.  Honor Harger of Australia's Radoqualia has asked me to
redistribute the following information about the closure of Yugoslavia's
most important independent media entity, radio station B92.  Please read
this information, view the site, and pass this onto others.  Thank you.

Wayne Ashley
Open Studio

Wayne Ashley
Tel. (206) 324-9836