IP menu

Rod Clark bb615 at scn.org
Fri May 28 15:22:07 PDT 1999

> ... I have never gotten the setweb to work. Never, ever. Today
> on testing it said, > /.ipweb files exists, etc.  But then when I
> input web, it said this file did not exist.
>
> Thus, copyweb and moveweb don't work at all.  I think these should
> be fixed and/or removed until fixed.

Barb,

   The old setweb* shell scripts didn't work very well. They
didn't do much error checking on the input, and didn't print a
message even if they did find something wrong, just failed
silently and let you discover that on your own later.

   I've replaced them with some Perl scripts that don't do much
more, but at least they should be a little more forgiving of
user input, check the input a bit more and display a help
message if they can't create the intended link.

   This should work better now. Let me know if you still have
any problems with it.

Rod