File space increase, volunteer recognition

Rich Littleton be718 at scn.org
Mon Nov 1 22:03:28 PST 1999

Rod's clarification is a good one.

On Sun, 31 Oct 1999, Rod Clark wrote:

> Rich Littleton wrote:
> > ... I was saying that, when the board had the chance to support
> > volunteers as volunteers by giveing them more space, the board
> > declined. Instead, the board said it would give all users more
> > space, which is a good thing, but the board had no interest in
> > showing any appreciation for the volunteers.
>
> Rich,
>
>    We did consider giving more space to volunteers and not to
> all users, as you suggested. We also considered others'
> suggestions to give all users more file space. One proposal was
> to increase the 1 Mb limit to 2 Mb. Another was to increase it
> to 5 Mb. After some discussion, we decided to increase it to 5
> Mb, not only for selected volunteers but for everyone.

Major Point:
I do not intend to reverse the board decision to give expanded space to
all users.  I simply realized that the board had passed up a chance to
recognize volunteers generally.

Proposal:
Give all ACTIVE volunteers 10 megabytes of space.

(snip)

>    A few months ago, Gianni asked each of the committee heads to
> pick some volunteers to recognize. Not everyone agreed on what
> form that recognition should take (for example, someone
> suggested office supplies with people's names on them - not a
> universally admired suggestion), and it wasn't ready for the
> picnic. So that will be rethought later.

1.  See proposal above, for all vols.

2.  Do a dinner -- paid for my SCNA -- for all vols and a guest at the
    fare share restaurant, twice yearly.

2.  At least do a certificate of recognition for vols who have done
    something extraordinary.  (I will submit a name to the board soon of a
    volunteer SCNA should recognize.)

But, DO something!

Rich