Is anyone recycling computers for charities?

Malcolm Taran rockybay at scn.org
Mon Nov 15 00:13:07 PST 1999

Here is one, though indirect.  There may be others.

Easter Seals Society has just such a program.

Easter Seals and others arrange donations, largely
corporate but individual also.  Easter Seals provides a
screening system based on need, particularly disability,
and provides the shop space for configuration.
Volunteers provide shop services and field mentors.

I am an e-mail training (EMT) volunteer with SCN; I also
volunteer with Komputer Enthusiasts of Greater Seattle
(KEGS) at the Easter Seals Society Center, lower Queen
Anne.  KEGS provides the shop services volunteers.

SCN participation with KEGS is presently nascent:
there are potential mutual benefits.  As far as I am
aware, the primary limitation so far is availability of
volunteers.  The program above is a small scale
operation, and primarily for the same limitation.