Geometry problem.

Janos Szablya janossz at scn.org
Sun Oct 3 11:44:44 PDT 1999

Practical solution.

Put it into a box. the size of your ball

measure up 1/2 the height of the ball and mark the corner at that height

do the same on the kitty(or catty if it's an older box)  corner

drill a hole the size of your marker

Insert ball and mark

No math, just geometery...pure and simple.

Janos

Ps
no box
put a nail in a peice of plywood

hang a nail on a string (through an eye) so the points touch. (adjust the
plywood) to the hanging nail

pull up the hanging nail above one foot

stick the ball on the lower nail
lower the upper nail to the ball. mark top
lower is marked by nail hole.

On Sun, 3 Oct 1999, Rich Littleton wrote
: