Background Screening Mechanisms

Joe Mabel jmabel at saltmine.com
Wed Oct 27 08:50:18 PDT 1999

But social responsibility need not mean swaying with the latest PC fad.

I am very concerned that "protection of vulnerable populations" has become
the latest method of throwing random suspicion in all directions and
allowing fishing expeditions about people's backgrounds.  We're about
social responsibility, but we're also about community.  Community is not
about "show me your police record before we can chat."

I could go one at great length and flesh this out, but, quite honestly, I'm
at work and part of my responsibility is not to steal unnecesary time from
my employer.

Joe Mabel