somebody from SCN?

Rich Littleton be718 at scn.org
Fri Sep 24 17:11:36 PDT 1999

Well said!  Doug, you make good points, and being in touch with current
and new thoughts and practices is (are?) necessary.

I guess my analogy would be of a ship that, as you point out, has survived
storms and shoals that have sunk other ships.  However, we (IMO) have a
faulty rudder, the hull is leaky, our compass is gone, and our crew is at
10%. So, I think we have to do fundamental building (re-fitting) of the
boat, rather than go to a boat show.

My comments are not to be negative, but to urge a better priority focus.
We have funded Joel on a couple of trips.  I haven't seen results from
those trips.  So we do have to do some cost-benefit study.

I've also wondered who does more for the community; SCNA or the Speakeasy
Cafe.  This came home when I saw that Speakeasy had provided the Seattle
City Council with e-mail for public access.

Your comments are excellent. You have consistently contributed good
information to the discussions, so I do not intend to dampen your
contributions.

Keep on keeping on.

Rich

*****  Unless stated otherwise, this message may be forwarded.  ******