OPS: BD: Why have we not upgraded Lynx?

Andrew Higgins bb156 at scn.org
Thu Feb 10 17:19:42 PST 2000

Rod,

This is off-topic. Please note the subject line. If you want to open
discussions with Chanh and who all else on upgrades to Pine et alia please
feel free, but I do not want to be part of it or party to it or on your
Cc: list for it. That's exactly what I'm talking about here. Lack of
focus, obfuscation, tantalizing tangents; delay, delay, delay... No one
has addressed my question/request. I raised the fact of SCN's use of older
versions of both mail programs and news readers simply to illustrate my
disbelief that an newer version of the Lynx browser will soon appear.
Hence my request for a P-A-T-C-H to the existing version, got it?

-Andrew

2¢
2¢ Chanh,
2¢
2¢    Pine 4.2 has worked well as far as I've seen, and it has some
2¢ nice improved features. But yesterday, when the load on the
2¢ server was higher than average, the old Pine started up and ran
2¢ quickly, but Pine 4.2 took a very long time to start.
2¢

   ,_____,_____,    6 __     _                                 User: bb156