Why FreePort? (was RE: OPS: Re: implementing upgraded...

Andrew Higgins bb156 at scn.org
Mon Feb 14 09:52:55 PST 2000

On Monday Feb. 14 Joe Mabel <jmabel at saltmine.com> wrote:

2¢ > Which leads me back to a question I've asked before but can't
2¢ > remember getting a good answer to:
2¢ >
2¢ > Why are we still using FreePort?
2¢

On Monday Feb. 14 Rod Clark <bb615 at scn.org> wrote:

2¢
2¢    A possible alternative is the Chebucto community networking
2¢ software, which Operations has been looking into and Ken
2¢ Applegate has installed and has been trying out on a separate
2¢ machine. There's also a recent major revision of FreePort that
2¢ we don't yet know enough about yet.
2¢
2¢    In the near term...

-SCN General Meeting  -  May 28,1997
-35 attendees
-
-Registration ad-hoc subcommittee met twice; came up with recommendation
-of electronic database with partial electronic (online) registration a
-reality. Need to contact other freenets about their processes.  The
-Chebucto package includes online registration, but the hardware
-committee needs to test it further prior to offering it to SCN.

You're making my point for me. Unconscionable delay.

-Andrew