SCN: Put up or shut up.

Kenneth Applegate starsrus at scn.org
Thu Feb 24 09:36:07 PST 2000

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, J. Johnson wrote:

It strikes me as bizarre that Rich is running for a position on the Board
that he is suing.

Running for the board implies that you have an interest in working within
the organization for its benefit and to improve it and lobby to correct
any flaws you think it has.

Filing a lawsuit against the board, especially a monetary one, is taking a
sledgehammer to the organization and potentially wrecking it.

So, the question I would have for Rich is - what do you want? An
imperfect SCN that functions and meets some, if not all needs of its
members and users, and has the potential for improvement and correcting
problems, or no SCN at all? You can't have it both ways!

Ken Applegate

Ken Applegate           How do you identify astronomers from Seattle?
<starsrus at scn.org>      By the windshield wipers on their telescopes!