SCN: SCN Board Election Results

Kenneth Applegate starsrus at scn.org
Thu Feb 24 21:34:55 PST 2000

The SCN message of the day had the results from last night's election:

"The SCNA Annual Meeting and Election was held last night.  The newly
elected members of the Board of Directors are:  Liz White, Tim McCormack &
Joel Ware. Congratulations to them, and thank you to all the candidates
and everyone who participated.

**** Additional details about the election and meeting can be found at
http://www.scn.org/scna. ****[my emphasis]

Together we'relooking
forward to a very productive year, and we'd welcome your help!  Please
email Melissa Guest at guests at scn.org for more information."

If you go to the SCNA page, the only details of the meeting are a repeat
of the above. I'm not sure we need to see the "gory details" of last
night's meeting, but I *would* like to see an actual tally of the vote
broken down by candidate and also total vote relative to total SCNA
membership eligible to vote, and maybe a breakdown as to total votes at
the meeting versus mailed in ballots. Hey, they do it for state and
national elections, why not for SCNA? I for one would like to get a sense
of how well our little slice of democracy is or isn't working.

What do the SCNA bylaws state about making the results of elections known?

Ken

Ken Applegate           How do you identify astronomers from Seattle?
<starsrus at scn.org>      By the windshield wipers on their telescopes!