SCN Message Update?

Andrew Higgins bb156 at scn.org
Thu Jan 27 17:27:34 PST 2000

2¢
2¢ SCN's Voice Mail message will be updated if there are any system problems.
2¢ Please call (206) 365-4528 to get the most current information.
2¢

2¢
2¢ ** We (and SPL) were disconnected from the Internet nearly all morning due
2¢ to a network problem at our Internet portal.  The network is still not
2¢ connected - it was supposed to be fixed at noon.  Dialup works, but mail
2¢ into and out of SCN will be delayed.
2¢

There was no message update on voicemail all day as far as I know. Why do
we have it if we're not going to use it. The rationale for going from an
answering machine to USWest Voicemail (tm) was accessibility and immediacy
for _all_ voicemail team members to change the message to report on system
status. This is not the first time that this has failed to happen (not by
far), this is just the first time I've been peeved enough to bang a trash
can lid about it. Paying $$$ for a commercial voicemail service makes
sense _only_ if it's going to be used to advantage every time. Okay, maybe
not every single time we have a system glitch, but it should be the rare
exception rather than the rule.

-Andrew