SCN: Update on SHARE computer troubles

Anitra Freeman anitra at speakeasy.org
Sun Jul 30 20:51:13 PDT 2000

This is going out to several lists; hopefully replies will come just to
me.

SHARE, a network of homeless shelters and resources run by homeless and
formerly homeless men and women, recently suffered the theft of a laptop
computer they were using to drive an IBM PC.

Lorraine Pozzi came by last week and determined that the main PC has
sufficient memory, etc, to run its own operating system and even to
connect to the Internet; the reason the laptop was being used was that
the operating system was never installed on the main PC, only on the
laptop.

What we need for the PC to become operable again and upgrade to Internet
capability is:

A copy of the latest version of DOS
A copy of Windows 2000 on 3.5 floppy disks
A PC modem, preferably 56K

SHARE is a one-half-shoestring operation, so if anyone is able to donate
these items it would help us greatly.

Write On! / Anitra L. Freeman / http://insideshare.hypermart.net/
"We can't help everyone.  We can't fix everything.  It hurts.
 But it is better to live with pain than to live without caring."