SCN: SCN 2: Special June 28th Meeting

Steve and Melissa Guest guests at scn.org
Mon Jun 12 05:38:46 PDT 2000

Mark your calendars for 6:30pm, Wednesday, June 28 at the University
Branch Library (50th & Roosevlet)!  We're going to kick off the beginning
of SCN 2 with our first lively public discussion and brainstorming session
about the possibilities.

What is SCN 2?  Beyond a few pieces of new equipment, we're planning to
design, fund and build a completely new system and services.  We want your
help, first by telling us your hopes and dreams for what a new SCN system
could be capable of, and then (hopefully!) your assistance making at least
some of the dreams into reality.

For the 28th, we're planning to have fun fantasizing - no need for
practicality, and no critiquing of the ideas that are gathered during this
session (that comes later).

We'll have a small spread of munchies - bring some to share if you are so
inclined.  Even if you don't have any specific thoughts on a new computer
system right now, come down just to see your fellow SCNers face-to-face!

This is only the very first of the input gathering efforts, so if you
can't make it, don't worry - we'll bug you again.  We will be using some
online input-gathering process as well, and will let you know as soon as
that is set up.

Hope to see you there!  If you know anyone who'd be interested, please
forward this message on to them!

 - Steve & Mel

Melissa & Steve Guest, Co-Presidents           email: guests at scn.org
Seattle Community Network Assoc.                  ph: (425) 653 7353
http://www.scn.org/scna                              8am to 11pm PST

"Bringing People & Communities Together with Free Internet Services"