SCN: Put up or shut up.

Rich Littleton be718 at scn.org
Sun Jun 25 04:24:48 PDT 2000

Ken,

I'd be interested in your interpretation of the following.  Read your
earlier stuff in connection with this.

7.2.    Right to Indemnification.

7.2.1.  Each Indemnitee shall be indemnified and held
harmless by the Corporation, to the full extent permitted by applicable
law as then in effect, against all expenses, liability, and loss
(including attorneys' fees, judgments, fines, penalties, and amounts to
be paid in settlement) actually and reasonably incurred or suffered by
such person in connection therewith, except as otherwise provided in
this Section 7.2.

7.2.2.  Such right of indemnification shall not exist
where the act or omission of the Indemnitee involves (i) intentional
misconduct or a knowing violation of the law, (ii) distributions or
loans contrary to the Articles of Incorporation or applicable law, or
(iii) any transaction in which the Indemnitee has received or will
receive a benefit in money, property, or services to which he or she is
not legally entitled.

7.2.3.  Such right of indemnification shall also not
exist where the act or omission of the Indemnitee involves recklessness
or gross negligence.

7.2.4.  Such right of indemnification shall continue as
to a person who has ceased to be a director, trustee, officer, employee,
or agent and shall inure to the benefit of his or her heirs, executors,
and administrators.

7.2.5.  Except as provided in Section 7.3, such right of
indemnification shall not exist where the Indemnitee seeks
indemnification in connection with a proceeding (or part thereof)
initiated by such Indemnitee unless such proceeding (or part thereof)
was authorized by the Board of Directors prior to its initiation.

Rich