SCN: Put up or shut up.

Rich Littleton be718 at scn.org
Mon Jun 26 13:15:26 PDT 2000

Joe,

Several points were missed here.  See comments below.

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000, Joe Mabel wrote:

> Rich, your concern with "wrongful and public" dismissal seems rather odd.
> All of this woud have been close to private and certainly quickly forgotten
> by most parties if you hadn't filed a lawsuit.

This is incorrect to call it private.  That's like my accusing you of some
crime in a committee list and at a meeting, and then trying to claim it
was private.  Your thinking reminds me of the thinking that condemns a
whistleblower -- if he would only shut up about the cost overrun, there
would be calm.  Or the person who sues because he she is overlooked for a
promotion (merely a couple thou a year diff) because of gender or race.
You are using the wrong measuring stick:  the discomfort of making this
public.

Most of the publicity around
> this event is an outgrowth of the suit.
>
> Also, while I hate to open this box, you have alleged "embezzlement", a
> pretty nasty charge, but I've heard nothing from you but a sweeping
> allegation. Given that your focus seems to be on your own dismissal from a
> position, I have to suspect that "embezzlement" claim is just a nasty shot
> in the dark. Or have I missed something concrete?

No.  And I already dealt with this.  Stay more in tune with the
discussion.

I did not accuse anyone of embezzlement.  I compared the situation with
suing a board member for embezzlement to make the point that the issue is
the misconduct, not the disruption resulting from making the charge.

Rich