SCN: Volunteers Needed -- Free Registration - Balloons for the kiddies

Doug Schuler douglas
Tue Mar 28 11:42:47 PST 2000

       WE NEED YOU!  ** STILL **

In less than two months time we're hosting the exciting symposium --
"Shaping the Network Society -- the seventh in CPSR's "Directions
and Implications of Advanced Computing" (DIAC) series.  This is
a follow-up to the "Community Space and Cyberspace" symposium
that we hosted in 1997.

We're expecting 500 attendees!

On Thusday March 30 at 7 PM at the Speakeasy we're having our second
volunteer meeting.

Our first meeting went well and we're picking up steam.

We need people to do publicity, web work, proceedings, registration,
local arrangements, and many other exciting jobs.  (And volunteers
can get free registration!)

Hope to see you there!

-- Doug

PS.  If you can't make it but would like to help please contact
Ti Locke, lockt at kcts.org.

PPS.  Just kidding about the baloons...

         *     Shaping the Network Society              *
         *     An International Symposium               *
	 *     May 20 - 23, 2000                        *
	 *     Seattle, Washington  US                  *
         *     http://www.scn.org/cpsr/diac-00          *