SCN: CERT Advisory regarding MS Office and ActiveX.

J. Johnson jj at scn.org
Thu May 25 18:33:59 PDT 2000

Normally I forward CERT Advisories only to the 'hardware' list (Ops), and
only if they affect SCN.  However, CERT (the principal organization for
monitoring problems affecting Internet-connected systems) has just issued
an Advisory affecting our many of our users.  This is regarding serious
vulnerabilities in ActiveX, and any applications that use ActiveX, such as
the MS Office applications and Internet Explorer.

If you use MS Windows (Win95 or later), this probably concerns you.  For
more information, please go to http://www.cert.org/.