SCN: Can you help teach? Please??

Melissa Guest guests at scn.org
Mon Oct 9 20:04:00 PDT 2000

we have the following dates/times/places for upcoming classes, but are not
getting enough volunteers signed up to help.  Can you come to any of
these?  Please call Wade Englund, SCN's Tech Education Program Coordinator
at 206 287 4484, or email him at bp760 if you can help with any of these
or in the future.  Extra bonus - any hours you spend volunteering to help
with these classes, SCN can use toward our matching requirement on the
grant we have from the city's Technology Matching Fund.  Thanks!

Classes per venue:

1) Garfield Community Center 2323 E. Cherry St.
   TRAINING COORDINATOR: Kara Luna 206-684-4788

* Web-based Email (probably yahoo)
      Monday, October 16    5:30 - 7:30 P.M.
      Saturday, October 21  9:30 - 11:30 A.M.

2) South Park Community Center 8319 8th Ave S.
   SITE TRAINING COORDINATOR: Michele Manning 206-762-7780

*Introduction to Web-based Email Class (probably yahoo)
      Friday, October 20   6 to 9 P.M.

*Introduction to the Internet
      Friday, October 20   2 to 5 P.M.
      Friday, October 27   6 to 9 P.M.

 -SCN Instruction of the Basic Computer skills classes below are
   optional.  Please contact Michele if interested-

  *Introduction to computers (Seniors)
      Friday, October 13th, 1:30 to 4:30pm

  *Basic Computer Skills (Five week course, with Intro to Computers as a
   prerequisite)
      Monday, October 9th, 6:30 to 8pm
      Thursday, October 12th, 6:30 to 8pm
      Monday, October 16th, 6:30 to 8pm
      Thursday, October 19th, 6:30 to 8pm
      Monday, October 23rd, 6:30 to 8pm
      Thursday, October 26th, 6:30 to 8pm
      Monday, October 30th, 6:30 to 8pm
      Thursday, November 2nd, 6:30 to 8pm

Thanks,

Wade Englund--VISTA Volunteer
Technology Education Coordinator
Seattle Community Network ( http://www.scn.org/teched )
Phone:  (206) 287-4484
"What good is technology if people don't know how to use it?"