SCN: recycling computers

Joe Mabel jmabel at speakeasy.org
Tue Aug 14 17:43:01 PDT 2001

We've had a few exchanges on this list about recycling computers in the
abstract. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything more concrete.

I have miscellaneous obselete and obselecent computer hardware in various states
of repair, ranging from a 386 with a bad disk to a perfectly OK 14-inch monitor.
I'd like to get rid of this stuff. I'd rather not throw it in a landfill and
(selfishly) ideally I'd like not to pay to get rid of it. I live in Seattle.
Does anyone have concrete suggestions?

"Well Mack the Finger said to Louie the King
I got forty red white and blue shoe strings
And a thousand telephones that don't ring*
Do you know where I can get rid of these things?"
- Bob Dylan, "Highway 61 Revisited"

* I've got a few of those, too, but unlike the computers they are at least
small...

Joe Mabel