SCN: SCN site and logo redesign

Kenneth Applegate starsrus at scn.org
Wed Aug 29 10:49:38 PDT 2001

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Doug Schuler wrote:

> Not to make a mountain out of a logo...
>
> Patrick got back to me and clarified that any changes to the logo
> are likely to be cosmetic not major changes.  I (even) think
> that *tweaking* it is fine.  But high-tech frippery - no thanks!
>
> He also suggests that *content* is on the way...

And badly needed. I basically agree with Doug, and at risk of being too
"retro" might go even further. In many ways, I think that earlier
incarnations of the SCN web pages were more functional than the current
design. For instance, [personal gripe], it used to be possible to get to
the Science/Technical area about one level down and find our Seattle
Astronomical Society link. Now, it is buried another level or two down, in
with a lot of clutter (or resource links, if you prefer). This is not
necessarily progress!

Ken Applegate