SCN: SCN site and logo redesign

Lois Beedle ljbeedle at scn.org
Wed Aug 29 19:11:02 PDT 2001

>Why was the directory system changed?
I have no idea - I just muddle along doing my menu updates and ip updates.
All of a sudden it was changed.

>Is this an easy fix? That is, I assume, given the opportunity, you could
simply create a new directory.

I see two seperate problems.  First finding the providers via the menu.  A
multi click task for most.  Those we provide space for should be easy to
find.  Second, as the spiritual editor I find the structure within the
spiritual menu to be difficult  at best.  I have to go to a sub directory
to edit churches for instance.  I can see no reason for the sub directory
at all.

>That is, it wouldn't matter where the sites are in the Unix file
directories.

Are you speaking of physical location or software location?  It doesn't
matter to me where anything is stored as long as it can be found.

>The location does not directly correlate to what is shown in the
community directories.

Lois

Dip it in chocolate, it'll be fine.