SCN: SCN site and logo redesign

Doug Schuler douglas at scn.org
Thu Aug 30 16:23:58 PDT 2001

Yes we did vote *in person* -- it was all solved right there
on the spot.  Ideally there would have been an absentee approach
also.  The interesting thing was that anybody could bring in
a drawing -- as I recall both of my kids brought in something.
This has the benefit of letting more people -- potentially -
participate in the design.  ONe didn't have to be a professional
or put something on the web.  On the other hand as you point
out it was difficult to have absentee voting.  (BTW, the
winning design was then given to an artist who logo-ized it.)

-- Doug

   *     SHAPING THE NETWORK SOCIETY                                *
   *          Patterns for Participation,Action, and Change         *
   *                  http://www.cpsr/conferences/diac02            *
   * Tomorrow's information and communication infrastructure        *
   *   is being shaped today.                                       *
   *                              But by whom and to what ends?     *