BD: Re: SCN: "Free-Nets" in Los Angeles Times

J. Johnson jj at scn.org
Sun Dec 30 16:27:40 PST 2001

On Sun, 30 Dec 2001, patrick wrote:

> [....]
> Again, it would be "nice" if SCN could find a way to provide low-cost
> ISP service.
>
> That is my only point.

Patrick, you need to get your thinking straight here.  We DO provide
"low-cost ISP service".  I.e., we provide e-mail and web access (which
certainly are Internet services) for free (which is certainly "low-cost").

We do not provide "full" Internet services, but then neither do other
ISPs.  And as we are free of advertising we are even "more free" than some
other "free" service providers.

Of course it would be nice to have more services.  But dealing with why we
don't have more services is not helped when you can't even articulate what
you want.