SCN: Re: More SCNA Work (maybe)

Lorraine Pozzi femme2 at scn.org
Tue Jan 2 15:10:11 PST 2001

As you may all know, on Saturday the 8th, the Parks Dept and
the City's Dept of Information Technology will be hosting a
forum at Garfield Community Center (23rd & E. Cherry) from
9:00 to noon.  Purpose:  to keep the many computer centers
"on track."  As many of you know, I have bitched and moaned
about the computer centers being non-functional much of the
time, and in some (such as Miller) there was no programming
because the computers were so unreliable.  The room was locked
up 99.44% of the time, with the equipment simply becoming
obsolete.

The forum will be looking for ideas.  I think it would be a good
place for SCNA to emphasize its role as providing service to the
community.

I've been offering an open lab for seniors at Miller (and
formerly at Garfield, as well) and it has been quite an
experience.  Watching a woman in her 90's battling a man
twice her size and a couple of decades younger for a
functioning computer is as fun as pro wrestling.

Sorry I can't make it to the envelope stuffing - hope you
have a great turnout.

See you Saturday at Garfield.

Lorraine
femme2 at scn.org