SCN: Article on computer professionals, democracy, SCN, etc.

Doug Schuler douglas
Tue Jan 9 10:20:54 PST 2001

I thought I'd mention my article in the latest (Jan, 2001)
Communications of the ACM entitled "Computer Professionals and
the Next Culture of Democracy."  It may be of interest.  It's on
the web at http://www.scn.org/ip/commnet/cacm-2001.html.

It talks about the role (as I see it) of computer professionals
not just as hired guns but as active agents for social change.
The article discusses SCN, the city's indicator project, and
other related topics.

Hope you like it!

-- doug

   *  Help Shape the Network Society                                *
   *               Sign the Seattle Statement!                      *
   *  http://www.scn.org/cpsr/diac-00/seattle-statement.html        *
   *               Discuss the Seattle Statement!                   *
   *  http://www.scn.org/cgi-bin/diac-00/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro  *