SCN: Re: [swing-poly] WARNING-Don't open attachments!!!/Re: Sircam (fwd)

Sharma sharma at aa.net
Thu Jul 26 15:18:06 PDT 2001

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 15:31:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: RDB <rdb at blarg.net>

More information on this virus (well, "worm"), and how to recover from it,
is available here:

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sircam.worm@mm.html

This virus takes full advantage of Microsoft's ongoing lack of regard for
security, so you're immune to it if you're using anything other than
Windows (e.g. Linux, so see http://www.redhat.com/ or
http://www.gslug.org/ if you'd like to switch to avoid this sort of
embaressment in the future).

Based on an article published in Linux Today a few days ago (see
http://linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2001-07-24-009-20-SC-MS-SV),
I've implemented the following procmail code on my workstation. Even
though I can't spread this virus, the following code deletes incoming
SirCam messages on sight, so I never have to see them:

#Dump SirCam Shit
:0 BDh
*(See you later)|(Nos vemos pronto)
*daeLRCQEM9KJEIN8JAwAdBmLRCQEi1QkCIkQi0QkDCtEJAiLVCQEiUIEg8QUXV9eW8NTVldV
/dev/null

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/hWZolB/TM