SCN: homepage/SCN updates

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 14 13:13:20 PDT 2001

The SCN homepage has been updated a bit.

Off the top of my head:

1. There is now a "911 voices" page. (My apologies for not having
something in place sooner, but my life was absolutely crazy until the
end of September)

2. There are some other updates to featured sites.

3. Information on how to make financial donations to SCN online -
quickly. (I didn't know about this until it was pointed out to me.
The link was buried as far as I am concerned. Now it isn't - there is
a link to donations on the navigation bar on the homepage.)

4. I reorganized the navigation bar on the homepage a bit. It's still
a bit of a mess, but it looks a lot better. To my eyes, anyway.

5. There are some other things in the pipeline that were discussed at
Excomm. However, as things will happen in any organization, dates get
pushed back for any variety of reasons, so I feel it's better to not
"Over Delivery and Under Promise", but to "Under Promise and Over
Deliver". Things break, unforseen things happen, fate intervenes, et
cetera...

When something happens, it will happen. I'd rather not announce what
everyone is getting for Christmas months before Christmas comes.
(This is not to say that there is something new planned for Christmas
at SCN. Not that I know of.)

What I do know is that there are a lot of people hard at work to
bring great things to SCN. And simply keeping it a great place to
come to. That list includes (in no particular order): Melissa G, JJ,
Martin (I mean Robert), Rod, Julia, Steve G, Ellen, Nathan T. Help,
Randy G, Alan, Ti, and all those volunteers who I have met but their
name has yet to stick to my sorry brain cells, and those volunteers I
have yet to meet.

Also, fundraising is here. Please contact Melissa if you have the
time to help on fundraising by hand addressing envelopes, stuffing
envelopes, etc. The best season for fundraising, statistically
speaking, is coming to a close and help is needed. The events of 911
didn't help matters much. If you can't take the time out of your
schedule to help out, please send Melissa a "Go Girl" email message.

That's enough for now.

If you have any questions, concerns, complaints, you know where to
find me.

Thanks,
Patrick

=====
Patrick Fisher
Webmaster at scn.org
Seattle Community Network
http://www.scn.org
"Powering our communities with technology"