SCN: [Fwd: FC: House plans vote on anti-terrorism surveillance bill Wednesday]

sharma at blarg.net sharma at blarg.net
Wed Oct 24 13:47:18 PDT 2001

This is what terrorism and our response to it is bringing us.
Once these laws are in place, local authorities will find other
uses for them than just going after terrorists. Today, right now,
if you are uncomfortable with these greatly expanded secret
police powers, you need to call your legislators and say so. Or
at least email them. Don't bother to send them regular mail as
they won't get it for days or weeks.

-sharma