SCN: Re: FW: The USA PATRIOT Act

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 14:41:10 PDT 2001

Doug,

Thank you for posting the message.

It's a scary thing: Every time "something" happens in this country,
any kind of incident, it seems there is a tendency to make a new law
to stop the "bad."

I am not against legislation. It is just that: Remember Slade Gorton
running that ad with those seniors walking around, all up in arms and
angry? The woman looks at the camera and says, "We need a law!"

America is maturing and more and more laws get written. Many good,
but many just a knee-jerk reaction of the public and politicians.

Patrick