SCN: Democracy Tour

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 20:47:27 PDT 2001

>    SCN could probably attract many thousands of active personal
> sites if it could offer a Web hosting service with particularly
> good ways to access, upload and update people's personal sites.
> FTP is a good way to do that. There might be others. Any ideas,
> other than FTP?

Rod,

Could you clarify this question just above? Do you mean other  ideas
for attracting users to SCN?

If that is the case, JJ was speaking of users having access to a host
of CGI's that SCN would already have set up. This is a great idea for
any ISP or organization that provides hosting for individuals.

And judging from the way Yahoo has been acting lately, I would not be
surprised if Yahoo began to charge for any kind of hosting on it's
geocities site.

SCN would be miles ahead of any site if it offered personal hosting
that was easy to transfer files to.

Patrick