WEB: SCN: Portal or Destination

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 27 21:08:46 PDT 2001

Rod,

Thanks for posting that list. I hadn't considered SCN's placement
among others.

Google searches and ranks by sites linked to those specified sites.
The more links that other sites to your sites is what determines your
placement.

A few of these sites we simply can't compete with because they are
very specific and would beat us each time. The UW, Seattle Mariners,
topic specific sites.

Seems like SCN does very well among general Seattle-related
information sites. And the other ones have had deep pockets and some
are publications.

If the goal is to hit toward the top of the Google hit list, then the
way, I suppose, is to have others linked to us.

I suppose we have to come up with a number of strategies. I've had a
few.

I have been working with a woman who wants to be the editor for
Seazine. She has experience as an editor. We've met a couple of times
and have been in contact with each other via email over the last
month.

There is the site redesign and logo work. That is moving along.

Also, I've been sending tickles to friends to write. It seems to take
a lot of time fishing to catch a fish.

There are other things I have been working on and I will be posting
those to the site very shortly.

Patrick