SCN: Stan Goff interview/daylight saving time and other...

sharma at blarg.net sharma at blarg.net
Sat Oct 27 23:10:08 PDT 2001

Here are some other very interesting links re current events. Don't forget that the
interview with Stan Goff will be at 7AM on KEXP 90.3FM Sunday morning Seattle (hard
to believe I will manage to tape it but I will try). And don't forget to turn your
clocks back!

Here is a link to the article he wrote on the US and middle east oil interests...

http://english.pravda.ru/main/2001/10/17/18410.html

Other articles of interest...

Subject: Pravda.RU Chris Deliso: The Afghan Quagmire Beckons or How Not to Intervene
in
        Afghanistan

http://english.pravda.ru/main/2001/10/17/18281.html

Subject:  Pravda.RU Our reader Michael Hess: International criminal trade in drugs

http://english.pravda.ru/main/2001/10/27/19382.html

Lots of articles not from the mainstream on what is happening.

http://www.thenation.com/

Many of you may not realize that last week England changed the status of marijuana to
a class three drug, which is in the same category as anabolic steroids, and annouced
they were not going to arrest pot smokers anymore as they had serious drugs to deal
with. Try to imagine that happening here, and the several hundred thousand people
being released from jail, and the police being able to do things like catch car
thieves and hit and run drivers for example, rather than chase potheads. I don't
think we have any thing to worry about tho. There appear to be plans in the works to
use our present crisis as a way to eliminate all crime, because when they can tap
every phone, eavesdrop on every email (HI!), break into every house and search it
secretly or openly, and so on....they are going to need to build even more prisons!

Cheers,

-sharma