WTC email

Kenneth Applegate kenapple at u.washington.edu
Wed Sep 12 17:21:27 PDT 2001

Sir - Yesterday you sent a mass email to people on your Coffee Cup
software list, regarding the destruction of the World Trade Center.
I see today that you have essentially the same opinions posted on your web
site:

>"Terrorist Attacks on the USA... "These people (murdered
>by cowards) are our brothers. As brothers we can beat up on
>each other, however if you touch my brother you have to bear
>the wrath of me !" We think that whoever is found
>responsible for this should pay the ultimate price.
>
>*****************
>If any country is found responsible, that country should be destroyed. If
>it is a terrorist organization, it should be destroyed.
>******************
>
>We pray for the innocent civilians that are the victims of this
>attack. May God bless and be with you all. If you decide to
>comment, whether you agree with our CEO or not, remember that
>thousands of innocent Mothers, Fathers, and Children died in this
>tragedy."

I agree that this a terrible tragedy and that thousands of innocent
mothers, fathers, and children died.

And you seem to want to compound the tragedy by destroying mothers,
fathers, and children in some other country if their leaders are found to
have been responsible, or if their leaders harbored a terrorist group?!!
For shame! That makes you no better than the WTC terrorists!

The US should do everything possible to identify the _specific_
individuals and groups that were responsible and make every effort to
bring them to justice. We should NOT go beyond that to blanket destruction
of a whole country in revenge, thus escalating the level of violence in
this world.

I can understand that you are justifiably outraged by the attacks of
yesterday. However, I still find your comments offensive and only serving
to inflame the situation. For that reason, I now have no intention of
purchasing your software or ever doing business with your company. Please
remove me from your email list.

Kenneth Applegate

Ken Applegate           How do you identify astronomers from Seattle?
<starsrus at scn.org>      By the windshield wipers on their telescopes!