SCN: Re:

Rod Clark bb615 at scn.org
Fri Sep 14 01:07:47 PDT 2001

Lee (lee at scn.org) wrote:
> I was wondering the same thing as Irene.
>
> If a volunteer is needed to update and maintain the SCN home
> page I'm willing to help.
>
> I have put an idea example page for a some changes to the SCN
> home page at http://www.scn.org/test/sept.html

Lee,

   First I'd like to thank you for your timely concern and
reminder, which also came to us from others, about featuring
local blood donation information on SCN.

   The home page is very difficult to update right now. Patrick
Fisher has been working during the past couple of weeks to learn
enough about the intricacies of Unix so that he can meet the
Operations Committee's criteria for posting information there.
No one is quite sure when Patrick will be able to update the
page, since regular text editing and FTP are no longer allowed
by Ops, and currently none of the editors that I know of are
able to do it the way that Operations requires. (Well,
technically speaking I know how to do it, but I gave away
editing the home page last year so that other volunteers could
express their voices more, and the voices of more people in our
city could be represented on the home page, and I still hope for
that to happen.)

   So thank you for your offer, and as you've helped with a
number of things, I hope we can find a way for you to contribute
more to the site.

Rod Clark
webeditors at scn.org