SCN: Re: Global CN 2001

patrick clariun at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 13:30:30 PDT 2001

Doug,

Thank you for sharing that. It's nice to know where SCN sits in
relationship other communities, online and elsewhere.

It certainly gives perspective.

Patrick

P.S. I ran into my daughter's teacher at REI today where my
daughter's class was climbing the rock there. I told the teacher that
I work with SCN and that I was browsing SCN's webpages and came
across the Seattle Sundial Trail
(http://www.sundials.co.uk/~seattle.htm) and I noticed that the page
did not have mention of a sundial on the side of the building of my
daughter's school. I emailed Woody, who runs the site, about the
sundial and he said, yes, he hadn't updated the site in a long time.
I offered to take a picture with my digital camera,but he said he had
some. Well, he had worked with my daughter's teacher for two years to
build the sundial. He told me to say hi to her and I did today.

Another person recently wanted to put the Companion Flag website on
SCN, host it here. I told my daughter about it as I had seen a
bumpersticker for the Companion Flag and she said that the person who
runs Companion Flag had come to her class and they made Companion
Flags.

Such a small world.