Recruiting Re: SCN: SCN Home Page Update for April 2002

patrick fisher clariun at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 1 18:44:50 PST 2002

Rod,

Thank you for the suggestion. I have asked this mailing list in the past for
suggestions, but rarely got any feedback.

I just went on our hosted page and grabbed the sites that looked good: No frames, or
choice of non-frames, seemed up-to-date, and had some text to grab.

Maybe we need a recruiter to get people and organizations to host on SCN?

Patrick

--- Rod Clark <bb615 at scn.org> wrote:
> > Four new SCN hosted sites are profiled.
>
> Patrick,
>
>    For May, may I suggest Dr. Bartle's (and his Spanish-speaking
> colleagues') new Spanish translation of the Community
> Self-Management site? Some of it is available now in three
> languages.
>
>    English:
>         http://www.scn.org/cmp/
>    French:
>         http://www.scn.org/gcad/
>    Spanish:
>         http://www.scn.org/mpfc/
>
>    Are there other new sites recently? The four for April have
> each been featured before. All of them are pretty much the kind
> of upscale North End sites that we decided a few years ago not
> to feature exclusively, because of what that said about SCN and
> who SCN was or wasn't including, serving, and attracting to its
> services. They're all nice sites, but not too much of the
> "democracy" part of SCN is apparent in them. Maybe other people
> here could suggest some other sites for May, too.
>
> Rod Clark

=====
Webmaster
Seattle Community Network
http://www.scn.org
"Powering our communities with technology"